« Home | Success and my Final Stand... » | Gnomes on Stars... » | How NOT to act like an idiot at in a Poker Room… » | The Morning After... » | Seven Common Signs of Lying... » | 1st Place Finish and Other Stuff... » | Fuzzy Holiday, Final Table, and Suggested Blogs » | Heartbreak, Superman, and Fireworks... » | 26+ SNG's? WTF! » | Cash, WSOP, and a Space Shuttle... » 

Sunday, July 16, 2006 

Today's the Day!

Got a good nights sleep, I'm feeling good...today's the day, damnit! Several hours before the big tourney starts so I'm passing time with a few warm up tournaments. Going to hit a 180 person SnG along with a few one table SnG's. I don't want to burn myself out before this afternoon, but do want to get my feet wet.

From a strategy perspective, I'm just going to play my game. I made the mistake reading cardplayer magazine yesterday. I recently resubscribed and thoroughly enjoy the publication. But I find when I read it before playing, with all the variations on strategy and what to do here or there in whatever situation, I tend to let it all float around in my head causing me to second guess my own game. The reality is, I do not agree with everything I read in books and magazines. These players are writing about what works for them, and for the most part, I greatly respect these opinions. But I think it is a risk to digest new lines of thinking before a big game. So, with that, flushing out my internal hard drive and trusting my own game today.

Looks like I'll have the house to myself for a good portion of the tournament. Dani's going to visit her Mother. Something about a new hot tub. Now if I could convince her to bring the dogs, I would have absolute peace. I'm not holding my breath.

With that, going to concentrate on these tournaments and hopefully report back later with good news.

Good luck all!
Adam


Technorati Tags: , , ,

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts