« Home | 26+ SNG's? WTF! » | Cash, WSOP, and a Space Shuttle... » | Supporting PokerStars Support...Keep Your Focus! » | Winning Online Multi Table Tournaments - Part 3 » | Getting to Vegas... » | WSOP, Live Action, and Other Thoughts... » | Poker, Nacho's, and Mega Pixels... » | Bankroll Management... » | Poker Catalysts? » | Is It a Streak? » 

Monday, July 03, 2006 

Heartbreak, Superman, and Fireworks...

Heartbreak...
This weekend brought the first heartbreak I’ve had in some time. Ever have a tournament where everything is happening just right? You’re hitting every flop, winning each race, and not drowning on the river? I bought in to a $33 rebuy event with a 1 seat guarantee to the WSOP. There were about 300 entrants. After the first hour of rebuys were complete, one seat was to be awarded with the top 6 spots paying out. Things were going absolutely spectacular in this tournament. Down to the final two tables and I’m feeling really really good with my chances going in to the final table. Okay on chips, not spectacular, but enough to hold my own and wait my turn when we get to one table.

Then disaster strikes.

I look down and see 1010. I’m on the button. Chip leader for the tournament is on the BB. Everyone folds to me. Here’s what I was thinking. If I pop the big blind/chip leader just right, he’ll think I’m just trying to pick up his blind and pop me back. Good opportunity to build my stack and take a commanding position on that final table. So I make the perfect raise to solicit action. He bites. He comes over the top of me just enough where I’m either needing to push to rest of my stack or fold. I look at it this way, I’m committed this far, stick to my guns and or instincts and let’s do this. I push all in, he calls, he shows AK unsuited.

Sigh…

I won’t even finish. You get the point. This tournament just ruined my mood the entire weekend as my wife can attest. I had absolutely no success the remainder of the weekend. So, here it is Monday and I’m left with the fleeting thought “I could’a been a contenda”.

Beyond that tournament, I tried to get in on the 1 million tournament on stars through 1 table satellites. Another disastrous outcome. What a frickin’ weekend.

Review time…

Superman Returns
8 out of 10 stars


I liked this movie a lot. Call me the geek that I am, I don’t care. Call me nostalgic, tis fine. In the end, I really enjoyed this flick. I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that the makers of this film really incorporated previous superman history and movie reference in to this production. Using Marlon Brando’s voice was awesome. Even the obscure reference to “Gotham” was really cool.


Plot was a little far fetched, but then you just simply remind yourself you’re watching a Superman movie and your fine. The movie itself was long according to my wife. Honestly, I didn’t even notice. I felt like I was a kid watching the original Superman for the first time.

The characters were played fairly well. Kevin Spacey as Lex was a fine fit. Not so sure I bought in to Lois Lane, but that’s okay.


Anyhoo, if you’re a fan, I think you’ll enjoy this one. May want to bring fellow geeks along for the ride as the wife may be bored out of her gourd.

On that note, I’m going to wrap this one up. I’ve still some work to do on my next chapter in "winning online poker tournaments". If I don’t have that up today, I hope to do so tomorrow when I have some free time. I hope everyone has a safe and festive 4th of July. Hooray Independence.

-Adam


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts