« Home | Poker, Nacho's, and Mega Pixels... » | Bankroll Management... » | Poker Catalysts? » | Is It a Streak? » | Winning Online Multi Table Tournaments - Part 2 » | Winning Online Multi Table Tournaments - Part 1 » | Winning Online Multi Table Tournaments - Preface » | 1st Place Finish... » | All in the Royal Family... » | Another Final Table... » 

Monday, June 26, 2006 

WSOP, Live Action, and Other Thoughts...

Weekend Roundup…
Pretty much a rainy weekend for the most part which gave me all the reason I needed to stay indoors, play poker, and not feel overly guilty about it.  If you read my update from Saturday night, you’ll see things are continuing to go well.  I really wanted to take that energy and invest it in to Sunday’s Satellites for the $1,000.00 entry on PokerStars.com as well as the  $650 WSOP big satellite.  However, neither plan came to fruition.  I was tempted at one point to just buy in directly to one of the events, but thought better of it. 

Strangely enough, I found myself doing something Sunday I haven’t really done in a long time.  Having worked on my VIP points Saturday evening, I caught a taste of live action which really didn’t interest me that much being in several tournaments while doing it.  But when Sunday afternoon rolled around and I wasn’t signed up for any of the big tournaments, I re-visited the 3/6 limit tables for the hell of it.  I really forgot what the hell happened at these tables.  I’ve been watching over my wife’s shoulders a lot lately as she practices on the play money tables.  Checking out the 3/6 limit tables was absolutely no different.  Absolute junk cards being played by people obviously not caring about their stacks.  I grinded it out for a few hours and must admit, I made more money playing these tables then I have in live action for the last year combined.  Was a very unexpected surprise.  As a result, I’m now actually close to obtaining “gold” status in the VIP thing stars is doing.  May obtain that and forget about live action for a while.

As for the tournament front…
I was really thinking I could do something about the WSOP seat this weekend.  With that not being the case, and with time running out, I really have to re-evaluate my approach over the next 2 weeks or so.  The reality is, if it’s going to happen, it’s got to happen quickly.  I’m debating if I only want to focus on WSOP satellites or continue to mix it up.  I’m going to be thinking on this today and hopefully have some insight to share this evening.

That’s it for now…real world obligations on the work front are keeping me busy today.  Best of luck to you…
-Adam


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts