« Home | KK vs. AJ...you be the judge! » | Holiday Highlights? Hmmm » | Semi Rant... » | Yoda of Poker... » | Weekend Roundup » | Drum Roll Please... » | A Billion Hands Later... » | Last Night's Wrap Up... » | Various Random Thoughts » | Clarity » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

Little bit of this...Little bit of that...

Random Ramblings...
Played in 1 $20 MTT last night and placed 10th which was in the money. Doubled my entry fee...woo hoo. Happy day's are here again, WSOP here I come. Yeah, didn't strike it rich last night, but I'm certainly reflecting a sense of consistency in this tournament. Consistency in Adam's Poker Land is an important thing.

Poker Gods...
Do you ever wonder if the Poker Gods purposely give you good cards at the beginning of a tournament and then turn their heads on you in the second half of that tournament? Yesterday's tournament I could do no wrong. First half of that tournament I mean I was hitting every flop, my starting hands were unbeatable, few perfect rivers, etc. This obviously brought my chip stack up considerably putting me as the chip leader for the a good portion of the tournament. 10 spots away from the money though, and nothing. Absolutely nothing. Granted, my stack was large enough to guarantee a money placement...but I couldn't even be a bully with these cards. Why was the man behind the curtain on my side in the beginning but not toward the end? I really would like to know how one causes offense to the poker gods. Anyway...

Cable Companies...
So, I'm thinking about calling my cable company today asking them to compensate me for potential poker losses last night. I get home and my cable modem is on the fritz. Every few days or so, I end up having to hard reset my modem along with my wireless router since my IP changes every so often. Usually happens when I'm at a final table of course, but I've become somewhat understanding of the situation. Takes a minute at most to reset. No big deal. Last night, however, for the life of me I could not get the damn modem to boot up past two flashing lights. When hard resets fail, usually means I didn't pay my cable bill. cough. So, I get on the phone with their tech support only to have them tell me they have no idea why the modem won't reset after numerous diagnostic testing. Their solution? Get a tech out to my home and figure it out. The process to set an appointment was taking forever, so...while he was messing around with that, I decided to unplug the modem from the wall and network and bring it in to a different room. I had remembered a cable friend of mine from a long while ago mention something about grounding the modem. So, my thinking was, perhaps if I put a different current through the modem, my problems would be solved. Long story short, it worked. Hooking it up to a different outlet did the trick. Tech support guy ran the diagnostics over again and could report no problems. Thanks Comcast, your tech support is top notch! So, for all you cable modem users, if a hard reset fails, try hooking it up to a different outlet. May save you a headache.

After an hour on the phone with cable, I finally got online and played. By this time it was after 9pm hence my reduced play.

T.V. Sucks...
And another thing! Summer T.V. sucks. I'm going to be lost without Lost, Survivor, The Soprano's, Boston Legal, Gray's Anatomy (yeah, maybe it is a chick show, but I like it anyway!), American Idol (shut up, you know you watch it too!). Oh well...I'm sure I'll fill the void with something...

That's all for now...
-Adam


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts