« Home | Clarity » | What Would You Do? Part 2 » | What Would You Do? Part 1 » | Caution-Poker Rant! » | Winning Online Poker Tournaments » | Stupid Tequila... » | Blah! » | Congress Moves Forward On Putting Online Poker Pla... » | A Little Recap » | A Quick Update... » 

Monday, May 15, 2006 

Various Random Thoughts

So the weekend has come and gone and while I may not be any more the wiser, I did catch up on some rest and relaxation. Played a small bit Sunday evening and sustained. Didn't devote a large amount of time to the grand concept of poker theory. Really wanted to not think this weekend. We'll see over the course of the next few days if it had any positive impact on my play.

What did I do this weekend you ask? Let's see, Friday I played Karaoke DJ at the local VFW. It just doesn't get any better than that. Try to compare your Friday night, I dare you. Truth is, did a favor for my Mom and Dad who happen to run a Karaoke business. They're all the rage in all the local VFW's, Moose Lodges, etc. So, when Mom couldn't make her grand appearance, the good son to the rescue. I had to keep the music somewhat low key. Didn't want anyone breaking a hip.

Saturday? Poked around a lot but finally ended up seeing a movie. Wife and I saw Mission Impossible 3. Not the best movie ever, but certainly not the worst either. I would provide a full review if this was a movie review blog but alas, I shall spare thee my impressions. Although, this is in fact my blog and I can write whatever I darn well please. Okay, I'll keep it brief. Tom Cruise if far too in to himself, the movie was lackluster with some decent action scenes. Bad guy death scene was somewhat cool. Somewhat predictable. With all the Tom Cruise hoopla lately and his personal attack against South Park, I found it my duty to not pay for his movie. Instead, I purchased tickets to United 93 knowing proceeds go to 9/11 victims.

Mission Impossible 3
5 Stars out of 10

After the movie if you're ever on A1A in St. Augustine, I highly recommend Caps. A great restaurant on the Intercoastal Waterway with great ambiance. My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal with perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cool which is a rarity in Florida.

And Sunday? Mother's Day. We had my parents over for a festive cookout in the back yard. Another fine Florida day with a happy Mother to boot.

All in all a good weekend. Was good to just have some quality time on the homefront. Probably not the most interesting reading poker wise, but peace of mind can go a long way for your game. With that...I'm off to play some poker damnit!

-Adam

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts