« Home | Semi Rant... » | Yoda of Poker... » | Weekend Roundup » | Drum Roll Please... » | A Billion Hands Later... » | Last Night's Wrap Up... » | Various Random Thoughts » | Clarity » | What Would You Do? Part 2 » | What Would You Do? Part 1 » 

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 

Holiday Highlights? Hmmm

Holiday Weekend...
I had high hopes of being online this weekend posting this, reflecting on that. However, sleep ended up taking priority for the duration of my Saturday. From there, I soon found myself deep in to Sunday having fun with Family. Which then overlapped in to Monday. Long story short, I used this weekend as an excuse to relax and vegetate. Very much needed. I really didn't get my poker juices pumping until Sunday afternoon. But once they started, I had a pretty good run.

The reality...
To be perfectly frank, in the span of 3 weeks, I've taken a very healthy bankroll and pissed it away. My 2k was down to a mere $200 in a blink of an eye. The fact that I let it get that bad was just ridiculous but a reality I had to face. I really think I'm on to something though. When I have more money in my account, the worse my play. When I have less, the better I do. So, common sense would suggest I just make a withdrawal. That would be fine and dandy if it wasn't for this strange superstition that many online poker players have. I know I'm being unreasonable, but I swear, every time I make a hefty withdrawal, it appears as though the cards just come differently. For a solid week or two, I have to endure horrible beats in order to start building again. Perhaps the poker gods are toying with me, perhaps the card room themselves have an evil plot, perhaps it's all in my head. Either way, after evaluating my play these past few months, I'm starting to consider making weekly withdrawals based on a percentage of my accumulated winnings. I'm going to give this further thought over the next few days.

The Good News...

Luckily, the storm cloud has lifted. Or so it would appear. In the course of one weekend, I've taken that $200 and brought that back up to roughly $1200. I returned to my 6 handed sit n go's while playing the $20 180 person multi table tournaments. With a few 1st place finishes on the sit n go's and two back to back 5th place finishes on the $20's, with another random MTT money finish, I'm back to a reasonable roll. Now I just need to continue the trend. This peaks and valley's B.S. is for the birds.

Check This Out...

So, I came across this great little blog last week quite pertinent to this crazy poker lifestyle. Check out Rod Moler's Gamblers Insight. Rod tell's it like it is and is set on providing as much information as humanly possible concerning all things related to gambling. If you take gambling seriously, or would like to take it to the next level, I highly recommend you check out Rod's site. Here's an excerpt from his latest and greatest:

"Today
is going to be a test for me. I've been doing well over the last week. My finace and I, along with a buddy of mine, are headed for St. Louis this morning to play live poker. It has been a while since I have had live competition other than tournament play. I am hoping to increase my bankroll considerably on this run.
I hope that I get a table that is FULL of the " this is how they do it on T.V." types. The reading of my opponents is what I am trying to brush up on. I played some SNG tournaments this morning starting at 6:30 A.M. I placed 2nd on a 20.00, 1st on a 30.00, and 1st on a 50.00. HOPEFULLY this is the start of a good day."

Good luck in St. Louis Rod! I'm sure you'll return with plenty of material.

Flop the nuts, Damnit!
-Adam



Technorati Tags: , , , ,

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts