« Home | Sunday's WSOP $650 on Stars » | PokerStars on a Mac. Crossover vs. Parallels » | Am I a Donk? » | Getting Caught Up! » | Rosie Odonnel Responsible for Anna Nicole Smith's ... » | Viewer eMail Time » | Stars Sunday Million » | I'm Back, no...I mean it this time! » | I'm back... » | Bankroll Building? » 

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 

Quote of the Day...

"To know the man is to know his poker"
-Me

I spat this out yesterday in the middle of a conversation involving some self analysis. I probably morphed the term from the many books I've read, but it was relevant to the conversation.

While it's easy to evaluate ones technical play, it's an entirely different matter to take into account everything else that makes that individual who he is. To understand these inner questions and self observations involving so much more than just poker eventually leads to very interesting answers specific to poker.

Without getting too damn deep here...point I'm making is that there is so much more to a persons poker game than statistics, odds, this session or that. If you truly want to understand your game or your opponents, learning about the man (or woman) away from the table is extremely important. Self awareness of your surroundings and circumstance can absolutely be the difference between a winning poker player and a losing poker player.

Labels: , ,

About me

Winning Online Tournaments

Read These Blogs!

Marketing Stuff

Previous posts